About Me

My photo
California, United States
Making things that are fun, good for your family and good for the environment. Please support Micro-businesses.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sandwich Bags!

I am SO excited about these bags! I know, I say that every time, but these beauties truly are a labor of love!





These bags are BPA, phthalate, thyolate and lead free, and are CPSIA compliant (you can google what that means). I did an extraordinary amount of research to find a fabric that I would feel comfortable packing my family's food in. The web is full of sandwich bags that I wouldn't use on my family's food. PULs, Oilcloth & ripstop nylon were a big NO for me, but please do your own research.

Closed, these are about 7.25" x 7.25". Plenty of room for a nice big sandwich. The Velcro closure is easy for little ones to open & close. These are wipe clean inside & out! No more single use baggies.

Do not put these in the dishwasher or washing machine. Do not put these in the microwave. Do not put hot food in these. Do not iron. Just wipe it out with a damp cloth - easy!




These snack bag beauties are 100% organic cotton! I'm particularly fond of this fabric because, not only is it organic, but the pattern is completely gender neutral.

These are unlined, so there's no bulk. And, since they're cotton, the whole thing is machine washable (or hand wash/line dry them).

The finished bag is about 8"x7", with about a 6" zipper opening. Plenty of room for a nice sized snack, and easy for parents & kids to get their hands in & out.



I had fun with the zipper colors so each one is slightly different (if, like me, you have more than one kid it's important to differentiate everything for possession's sake!)



Please check back soon as I will be adding new designs (I haven't forgotten about you boys) and new sizes.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE this bags! I bought both the sandwich and snack bags. I even have some of the snack bags with draw-strings. I use them all. The sandwich bags are a breeze to clean. I just rinsed out and set out to dry. Really, all you need to do is wipe it out, but I just wanted to try other methods. My goal is for my family ,to be as Green as possible so re-usable bags have been on my list for a long time. I just wasn't sure about the materials used; now I have no worries because of all the research that went into these bags AND Made in the USA is a big thing too. NO MORE PLASTIC BAGS! Clawed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clawed! I'm glad you like using them. I love making them (except for one today which turned into a hot mess! Damn, it was my last pink zipper, too!) Yay no more plastic bags! We can do it if we try.
    **I recommend only wiping them clean**, but I'm glad it is all working out for you.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete